Sunday, November 3, 2013

THE ATTIC... ULLAKKO...

Some of these photos have been posted on the blog before. I just wanted to show again and even to remind myself of all the work I went through while clearing the attic of it's hundreds years of history. 
I spent a month almost everyday in a hot and dusty attic. I didn't care because the attic was telling me a story about this house, that we had just bought. I didn't find treasures as such you might think... I found history and part of this house's soul was fragmented in this attic... I have tried to honour the history of this house and the people who have been living in this house long before us. I carefully took and kept lots of items and documents that I found in the attic. Some of them have already been used as a part of the decoration in our home today....

Näitä kuvia olen ehkä julkaissut näillä sivuilla ennenkin. Halusin vain näyttää muille ja muistuttaa itseänikin kaikesta siitä mitä kävin läpi siivotessani ullakkoa se satavuotisesta historiasta. 
Ullakon siivous kesti melkein kuukauden, jonka aikana vietin pitkiä päiviä ullakon pölyssä ja kuumuudessa. Löysin talon historiaa ja talon sielusta osan joka oli pirstoutuneena ullakon kätkössä...
Olen yrittänyt kunnioittaa tämän talon historiaa ja siellä elänneitä ihmisiä paljon ennen meitä. Olen ottanut talteen paljon tavaroita, esineitä ja dokumentteja, joita löysin ullakon lattialta, laatikoista, nurkista ja säkeistä. Monet näistä ovat päässeet jo osaksi kotimme sisustukseen...

***************************

Pictures tell more than words... Actually one word was enough: "Chaos"...

Kuvat kertoo enemmän kuin sanat... Tai oikeastaan yksi sana riitti: "Kaaos"...







It took me a month to clear the whole attic...
 Minulla meni kuukausi ullakon siivoukseen...



Here it looks better already...

Tämä näyttää jo paremmalta...



New roof and insulation... The old beams are visible now...

Uusi katto ja eristys... Nyt vanhat hirret ovat näkyvissä...





A year later from chaos...

Vuosi kaaoksen jälkeen...




No comments:

Post a Comment